Oak Fact Sheet
Family: Fagaceae - Beech family
Latin name: Quercus stellata
Common name: Post oak
- Quercus stellata - Post oak
- This page includes photos of bark.
- Leaves front and back, summer and fall.
- Acorns seem to be very tiny. I looked at the acorns on 9/28/2009 and they were still tiny.
- The leaves are the unique feature of the Quercus stellata, Post oak.
- There are only a few of these trees at Morton Arboretum, I have been watching several of the trees for a number of years, lots of acorns start but don't seem to mature.
Karren Wcisel © copyright
Send email to Karrenw@aol.com
Please ask for permission before using my photographs. Larger sizes and additional photographs
of the tree are often available.
TreeTopics.com Home Page